Sunday, December 21, 2014

Perfect moment dress

Is it weird if I admit that I have had this idea for a baby dress for years? I love to repurpose clothes from the local thrift store. Theres something about taking an unwanted item and making it beautiful. And, frankly, I feel like repurposing takes the tediouse work out. All the hemming and seaming is done. I do a few quick snips, maybe a patch, add a little crochet,  and walla!!

I found the perfect very matronly pleated chiffon blouse. It was horrible! Pleated chiffon is beautiful but for some reason its often put together so wrong, odd shapes, baggy, weird added details. It was my mission to take this aweful blouse with wing sleaves and make it beautiful again. Hopefully the wonderful neighbor Im giving this too loves it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment