Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pattern making

I love coming up with new ideas, working and reworking (well ok maybe not my favorite part especially when I have to keep tearing out because its not quite right..). Writting, editing and then finally testing before I upload it to my shop. Maybe I'm a little crazy about pattern making, maybe its because I'm trying to get this corner to corner just right. I've been working on this corner to corner blanket for my mom and have spent a lot of time with graph paper coloring pencils and scissors. My kids love it since we all sit at the table together and do "art". I have had the hardest time with this pattern!

It seems like things aren't lining up just right or the colors are off. Its been a little frustrating but I'm determined to persevere and make an amazing blanket... I hope!

Here's the beginning of the pattern:



I wanted it to look patriotic, but then I thought it looked a little too confederate flag-ish.



So I looked for a different color scheme... but then I didnt like how the pattern worked out...



So here I am looking for just the perfect colors to get things just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment