Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Evolution of design


I'm in Love
I'm in love
I'm in love with a beautiful dress!


And the oh so many like dresses I have made for my tiny human. I've been working on this pattern for almost 2 years, since just before my baby girl was born. You see I have 3 very rough, very dirty, very loud boys. And then, then I got my tiny girl. I was excited to have another baby, and planned on it being a boy, a rough and tumble tiny version of the brothers. I loved the idea of staying in my comfort zone.



A girl, a girl is so far out of my comfort zone. Girls are pink and sweet. My tiny girl is kind and gentle and loving. She doesn't scream and throw mud. Ok well she did that one time (that one time called summer). But a girl needs dresses. I was one happy mommy to oblige. I started making these crochet yokes and using clothes that didn't fit me since having 4 kids, or thrift store finds. This is what I came up with and I have to tell you Im in love! It works up relatively easy and looks awesome on!

Now that I have the scallop neck one up I am working on this sweet one with vintage 50's feel and a cute peter pan collar. Oh I love having a sweet baby girl to try things on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment